Sunday, December 8, 2013

Life Recently


Where do I even begin?

Life recently has been a bit busy. As life get's busier blogging always seems to get pushed to the back burner. Since I last blogged I have been to Chicago for fun, Atlanta for work and to and from Rochester (weekly) for work. 

{Chicago}
Chicago was all sorts of amazing (until I got flashed on the El train - cannot make that up folks). Tasty Chicago style pizza, colorful fall trees, the hustle n'bustle of the city but also the fun relaxed areas of Navy Pier & the shores of Lake Michigan. 



{Atlanta} 
Atlanta was basically all day spent in a training classroom and evenings spent in a hotel room. I did get to spend a couple hours visiting Coca-Cola World and trying dozens of pops from around the world. 


{Odds & Ends}

The rest of life has been busy with a new work location that is a 90 minute commute. I work out of that office for a few days, spend the night at a hotel & work the remaining days remotely. I am definitely learning a lot about myself during this work project. 

At the beginning of 2013 I chose a word to reflect on for the entire year - the word was 'grace'. Originally I thought the word was more for how I should react & live within the year - extending grace to others, being graceful in all situations, ect. But recently I am realizing that sometimes the person I need to extend grace to is myself. I am realizing that I cannot be 'super Becca' and get everything done, accommodate everyone & everything. I am still a work in progress but what a comfort to know I do not need to be perfect and that I serve a God who loves me with all of my imperfections.

A shameless hotel selfie

Minnesota is covered in a blanket of snow and I am kind of loving it. But the icy slow roads could go. I am loving all of the Christmas decor & songs playing all over. It really is the greatest time of the year. 

Last thought - the ability to blog from a phone is sometimes magical and sometimes full of grammatical errors. Here is hoping that this blog sees a bit more love as 2013 winds down & 2014 begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment